estate management plan
We recognize that our clients have unique needs. During our initial consultation, we will determine what your specific needs are and develop a service plan that will be personalized to your specifications. We offer two service plans. Both plans are designed to be flexible and accommodating.
Our comprehensive plan of action is called The Estate Management Plan. This plan includes more services than the Caretaking Plan and is designed to provide the homeowner protection and management of the property while in residence, while travelling, or while residing elsewhere. The Estate Management Plan includes your choice of bi-weekly or weekly property visits.
- Keep Owners up to Date Regarding any Activities on Property
- Recommend Maintenance and Repair Issues as Needed
- Schedule Repair and Maintenance Services with Owner Approval
- Be “On-Call” in Case of a Property Emergency
- Be the Property Owner’s Local Representative in Case of a Security Breach
- Email Weekly Summary Reports Documenting our Visits Noting any Concerns or Problems that Need Attention
Grounds and Exterior Inspections:
- Inspect Gates, Fences, Managed Access Systems, and Cameras
- Inspect Security System and Make Sure it is Functioning Properly
- Security Check all Doors, Windows, and Locks
- Inspect for Post Storm Damages
- Inspect for Vandalism
- Thoroughly Inspect the Grounds Noting any Issues
- Inspect Foundations of Structures for Cracks or Damage
- Inspect and Monitor Roofing- Wear and Tear, Missing Shingles, Flashing etc.
- Inspect and Monitor Chimneys and Chimney Caps
- Inspect and Monitor Gutters- Fasteners, Flow, Drainage and Debris
- Inspect and Monitor the Physical Condition of all Doors and Windows
- Inspect and Monitor the Physical Condition of the Paint and Siding
- Inspect and Monitor the Physical Condition of the Patio and Pathways
- Inspect and Monitor Decks and Rails for Stability, Wood Rot, Warping etc.
- Inspect and Monitor the Physical Condition of the Driveway
- Inspect and Monitor Outdoor Water Source Operation and Leaks
- Inspect and Monitor Irrigation Systems
- Inspect and Monitor Areas of Erosion
- Inspect and Monitor Drainage and Water Management
- Inspect Outdoor Lighting
- Return Trash Cans/Recycling Containers to Appropriate Location
- Remove Unwanted Media Distributions
- Check Alarm and Surveillance System and Make Sure all are Functioning Properly
- Check Doors, Windows, and Locks
- Ensure that Automated Light Triggers are Set and Functioning Properly and Adjust Blinds
- Check for Gas/Water Leaks
- Check Hot Water Heater/Water Softener
- Check Ceilings/Walls/Floors for Stains, Mildew or Mold
- Check Air Conditioning and Heat System for Proper Operation
- Adjust Temperature as Needed
- Check, Water, and Fertilize Indoor Plants
- Inspect for Pest Damage
- Inspect Fireplaces
- Check Audio-Video Systems
- Check Phone System/Intercom
- Check Operation of Appliances and Re-set Clocks
- Test Smoke Alarms
- Check Electrical System and Lighting
- Monitor Carpet Cleanliness/Condition
- Monitor Upholstery Cleanliness/Condition
- Run Faucets and Flush Toilets
- Inspect Under Sinks for Water Damage
The Estate Management Plan Also Includes:
Key Holder Service:
- HawkHill acts as primary contact for Sub-Contractor, Vendors, Family and Friends. At the owner’s discretion, HawkHill will allow those specified access to the property.
Inspection and Management:
- Make sure interior cleaning is being performed as contracted. Meet with appropriate personnel and manage when necessary.
- Make sure is landscape maintenance is being performed as contracted. Meet with appropriate personnel and manage when necessary.
- Make sure is pool services are being performed as contracted. Meet with appropriate personnel and manage when necessary.
- Photo document projects, problems, solutions, the results of extreme weather, or anything out of the ordinary.
- Email photos with the weekly report.
Mail and Package Services:
- Forward or hold mail as directed.
- Retrieve mail from the local Post Office and deliver mail/packages collected to the home.
- Run or exercise vehicles during property inspections.
- Make sure proper tire pressure is maintained.
- Open the house prior to arrival to set temperatures, deactivate alarm system, stock fireplaces, check hot tub and pool, and turn on lights if desired.
- Secure the property upon departure, provide general cleanliness, arrange for house cleaners and return the home to proper condition.
- Arrange and schedule seasonal services (garden preparations, pruning, gutter cleaning etc.
- Water and Fertilize Indoor Plants.
- Outdoor furniture storage/set-up.
Opening and Closing the House for the Season:
- Gas and Electric Service- On/Off
- Heating- On/Off
- Cable/Satellite- On/Off
- Phone Service- On/Off
- Sewer- On/Off
- Water Service- On/Off
All of the services listed above are included in The Estate Management Plan.
*Sub-Contractor/Vendor Interviewing, Hiring and Supervision:
- Pre-qualify and Interview Licensed Contractors and Vendors
- Negotiate Contracts
- Review and Submit Bids
- Determine the Timing of Job
- Hire Licensed Contractors and Vendors Approved by Client
- Manage Projects
- Manage Contractors Schedules
- Chronicle Improvement Projects
*This service option includes granting access to the property and securing home upon departure. Also includes verification and documentation of the progress and completion of the scope of work. Additional supervision will be billed accordingly at the standard HawkHill hourly rate.
- Provide Handyman Services
- Act as a Project Leader for Needed Repairs
- Be Present for Special Deliveries- Packages, Flowers etc.
- Be Present When Contracted Personnel are on the Premises to Ensure Repairs and Projects are Properly Completed
- Provide Packing/Unpacking Services
- Provide a Complete Inventory Database of Home and Property
- Drop Off or Pick Up Dry Cleaning
- Schedule Maintenance for Vehicles/Drop Off and Retrieve Vehicles When Work is Complete
- Have Cars Detailed and Readied for Your Return
- Manage DMV Registrations
- Hire Environmental Experts to Test Water and Indoor Air Quality
- Schedule and Manage HVAC Cleaning and Maintenance
- Schedule and Manage Furnace Inspections and Cleaning
- Schedule and Manage Water Filter Inspections/Replacement
- Schedule and Manage Sump Pump Inspections and Maintenance
- Schedule and Manage Wood Supply Replenishment
- Schedule and Manage Chimney Cleaning
- Schedule and Manage Pest Control as Needed
- Refer Brokers, Appraisers, and Inspectors for Sales and Valuation Services
- Schedule and Manage Window Washing as Needed
- Monitor Pool and Spa Temperatures
- Guest Preparations
- Clean the Barbeque Grill
Should you require solutions that are not mentioned in our lists of services we are more than happy to accommodate your specific needs.